A super simple easy way to incorporate veggies into meals. These roasted parmesan encrusted delicious vegetables are incredibly easy to make, affordable, and perfect for storing leftovers.
This roasted parmesan vegetables recipe is something that my mom and I eat all of the time! It’s so easy and very simple to personalize to your flavor palate. When I say it’s easy, trust me I’ve made it at college in a dorm room community kitchen for my friends. They all loved it by the way!
My mom grows squash, zucchini, and tomatoes in our garden at home so this recipe is a summer staple for our dinners! It serves great with barbecue chicken, pork chops, or even pasta dishes.
Squash and zucchini are relatively cheap vegetables. At my local grocery store I can get one of each medium size vegetables for about $2.00 and that’s all you need for this tray! Sometimes I add tomatoes to it as well if I have them around. I prefer using cherry tomatoes personally but larger tomatoes work perfectly too.
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 1 medium size squash
- 8 cherry tomatoes OR one full size tomato (optional)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Chopped red onion (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a baking tray with tin foil or parchment paper
- Slice the squash and zucchini into 1/4 inch wide round circle pieces. Cut large tomato into slices or cherry tomatoes in half
- Spread out the sliced squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and onions on tray lined with tinfoil or parchment paper
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the tray of veggies
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL add garlic powder, parsley or any other spices and herbs of choice
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the corners of the squash and zucchini are curling. Tomatoes should be soft
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with your favorite meal
Let me know what you think of this recipe below and any tricks you use to make it even better!